This is a normal regular paratha.
contributed by: mahul on 26/09/09
Ingredient quantities shown are for 5 piece
- Mix the atta and salt and sieve it.
- Add water in small quantities and knead the dough until it soft.
- Let the dough stand for a bit.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal parts and roll each part into a ball.
- Using a little bit of atta to dust the dough, roll each ball out (about 5" dia).
- Apply a little (say 1/4 tsp) oil to each paratha, fold it into a triangle and repeat the dust and roll process. This time aim to get it into the shape of a triangle. (This is the traditional shape but a circular shape also works).
- Place the paratha on a hot pan (tava) and fry each paratha in about 1 1/2 to 2 tsp of oil until they turn golden brown.
- Serving suggestions: Dal, vegetables, yogurt and pickle.
Based on a 2000 Calorie Daily Allowance
For 1 piece
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7.2g
Saturated Fat 1.01g
Mono Unsat. Fat 4.98g
Poly Unsat. Fat 0.9g
Total Carbohydrate 17.42g
Dietary Fiber 2.93g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%