A popular Gujarati snack. Dhokla is one of the few non-fried snack item.
contributed by: mahul on 27/09/09
Ingredient quantities shown are for 5 piece
- Mix the Rava, buttermilk and salt.
- Grease 2 small pans and pour the above mixture into the pans.
- Heat water in a pressure cooker and place the pans in the pressure cooker. DO NOT put the whistle on top.
- Steam the dhokla mixture for about 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Cut the green chillies into small pieces.
- In a small frying pan, fry the mustard seed and green chillies and pour this mixture over the dhokla.
- Cut the dhokla into 5 pieces - traditionally they are cut into squares or diamonds.
- Garnish with cut coriander and serve.
- (Often served with mint chutney).
Based on a 2000 Calorie Daily Allowance
For 1 piece
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0.49g
Mono Unsat. Fat 1.02g
Poly Unsat. Fat 0.3g
Total Carbohydrate 26.07g
Dietary Fiber 1.55g
Vitamin A 0.24%
Vitamin C 0.44%